Sunday, January 29, 2012

easy peasy glitter phone

so do you remember my men's shirt refashion
that the sissy sewed for me?
well, 
we decided we would do an exchange that day.
i would make her a glitter phone case if she sewed my shirt.
she's way better at sewing.
and i'm a decent crafter.

she came up with the glitter phone case tutorial on her own.
i just made it :)

you will need:
mod podge (i'm sure elmer's glue would work too)
an existing phone case (ours was plastic)
fine powder glitter (martha stewart is our favorite!)
and a sponge brush.

here's what to do

mod podge the phone case:

dump the glitter all over the mod podge.
you might want to use a piece of paper to catch all the glitter!

shake off the loose glitter
let the glue/glitter dry.
cover the phone case with a thin layer of mod podge.
this will cause some glitter to lift.
but it's okay!
create a little pile of glitter/mod podge mixture to fix up all the glitterless spots.
and you'll get this:



super easy huh!
sissy has been using her glitter phone for the past couple of weeks-ish
and says it is holding up great, just lost a tiny bit of glitter!

ready to bring on a new week?
here we go, let's make it a great one!
{love} lauryn


4 comments :

  1. I LOVE this! If I didn't have a free phone that companies didn't make cases for, I would totally do this!

    XO,
    SWEATshirt DRESSshirt

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh... glitter! I love it! I definitely want to make this!

    XO Lourdes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super duper cute..love me some sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! I have that exact same phone cover!

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

i love comments! thank you for taking the time to write me a message, and for making me smile. :)
{love} lauryn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Design by | SweetElectric